At North Coast Family Health, we use national, local and specialty laboratories to investigate a full spectrum of health concerns to provide you with the most information possible to make educated decisions about your health.
In addition to the usual laboratory services you find at most doctor’s offices, we also utilize specialty laboratories to provide the following information:
- Genetic predispositions – SNPS such as MTHFR and more, telomere length, HPU
- Nutrient status of all vitamins, minerals and fatty acids
- In depth cardiovascular disease risk: lipoprotein particle size, homocysteine, hs CRP, fibrinogen, apolipoprtotein (a), blood viscosity, Serum lipid peroxides, EPA/DHA ratios, vitamin K2
- Oxidative stress – Serum lipid peroxides, urine 8OH2dG (8-Hydroxy-2-Deoxyuanosine)
- 24 hour urine hormone and metabolite profiles
- Blood testing for food and environmental allergens and sensitivities
- Lyme, Bartonella, Babesia and other Tick born infections
- CD57 – Helpful in assessing Lyme disease diagnosis. Also helpful in assessing immunological health for cancer prevention.
- Ova and Parasites in stool – beyond what most labs check for
- Complete Thyroid profiles including: TSH, Free T4, Free T3, Reverse T3, Thyroid antibodies (links to hypothyroid, hormone balance)
- Osteoporosis tests – urine pH, 25 OH Vitamin D3, osteocalcin, hs-CRP, 24 hour urine calcium, urineNTX, DXA scan, bsALP (bone specific alk phos) if on a bisphosphonate, DHEA – S, 16 alpha OH Estrone, Vitamin K2
- Cancer – SNPS, nutrient status, 24 hour urinary hormone profile, urine 8OH2dG, Vitamin D3, hs -CRP, glucose, telomere length
- Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome – Hgb A1C, C Peptide, Fasting insulin
- Provoked heavy metal urine testing
- Telomere length – a biological marker for inflammation, cancer and other chronic diseases
In House Testing
- Body composition analysis – very useful to make sure lean body mass is maintained while losing weight.
- Quick strep test – common strep in house test
- Urinalysis – checks for sugar (diabetes) and urinary tract infections or diseases
- Visual Contrast Sensitivity– Very useful for discerning severity of chronic inflammatory conditions and assessing progress towards health.